Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Marlin's Daily (or as often as I can) Hunting Tip

Let me preface this by saying that if you are looking for real "hunting tips" just look inside of your own head. Most of it is common sense, but what I am about to share is not common knowledge.

Tip for December 2, 2008 "Masking Your Scent"
I know they sell all of this fancy pants stuff that gets rid of your smell and hides it and I will admit that I use it, and often.  I only recently discovered that the only real way to mask your scent is to blend into the smell of the deer's natural environment. Is that dirt scent? NO! Is it doe urine? NO! IT'S BARREL STOVE SMOKE!! Leave you camo inside your cabin. The deer catch that scent all of the time and they won't think a thing about it when they smell it on you.  I had a doe within 5 yards of me the other day and she couldn't catch my scent to save her life, literally. Now bodily smells are a different story, don't do that in the field, the deer will clear out just as fast as your bunk mate would.

1 comment:

  1. Nice advice Marlin...too simple so I bet it works.

    ReplyDelete